Regan's Books

Regan's Books
Reads From Regan Taylor

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Say Hello to Nicole Morgan!




BECK AND CALL by Nicole Morgan


How did you get started writing?


I have always been an avid reader and I loved to write when I was younger, (NO… I am not that old and if you ask my age I will tell you I am perpetually 29  ) but it wasn’t until I started reading more and more than I found stories playing themselves out in my head, just begging to be told. So, one day I decided to give it a shot. That book was my first book in my Navy SEALs series, Sweet Redemption.


What are some of your literary inspirations or influences?


I have a few favorites I always go back to when I feel the need to pick up a good book. If I was going to give props to anyone though, it would have to be Maya Banks. She’s the one who introduced me to erotic romance as I was fans of Joann Ross and Nora Roberts for so long. I am so thankful I picked up that first Maya Banks’ book it introduced me to a new world of romance that I didn’t know was out there.


What character that you have created do you find the most fascinating? Why?


Oh wow, that is a tough question. Of course I love all of my characters. Although if I had to pick one, I guess I would have to ask that you let me pick two. The hero and heroine of Sweet Salvation (Navy SEALs Book 2 in the Sweet Awakenings Series) are Rex and Shelby. They both had a lot of inner demons to contend with, as well as obstacles in their way. The whole book is filled with struggles that the two must find a way to overcome. I just fell in love with those two and enjoyed writing their story so much.


What is your writing process like?


I have probably the most untraditional form of writing a story. I pick a premise to start with and sit down and start typing. The story evolves as each chapter is completed. I’ve never been the type of writer that could stick to a plan, so I stopped trying. Instead I just let the words flow and see what will happen next. Often times I am as surprised as the reader at where my characters decide to take things.


Besides writer, what other jobs have you had in your life?


I’ve done a variety of things, but almost all of my jobs were in the administrative and/or management field. Writing is my passion though and I am so glad I’ve found it.


How do you deal with criticism or bad reviews?


If it is actual constructive criticism than I am fine with it. Bad reviews happen, you have to take the bad with the good. Not everyone is going to have the same tastes or likes, that’s why there are so many authors out there for readers to choose from. The only problem I have with ‘bad reviews’ are when they aren’t reviewing. I’ve actually seen reviews which just seem to be little rants, but aren’t actually critiquing the book. One in particular stands out where the reviewer said erotic romance wasn’t her type of book. Yet the book she was reviewing was an erotic romance book. Because the book was “too erotic” for her she gave it one star. Those are the only types of reviews that I tend to shake my head at.


What do you do for fun?


I love to go on adventure walks, or visiting historic mountain towns. Getting fresh air is always a plus with me. I am also an avid troop supporter and while for some this may not seem like something fun to do, I get a great deal of personal happiness out of supporting our men and women of our Armed Forces.


What are you reading right now?


I just finished Maya Banks, Hidden Away and I’m getting ready to crack open Joann Ross’, Breakpoint which I bought a couple years ago and found it buried on my bookshelf and realized I’d never read it so I’m really excited to get started on it!


What are some upcoming projects that you are working on?


I’m in the process of writing my 4th book in my Navy SEALs series, Sweet Awakenings. After that I would like to get started on my 3rd book in my Intimate Temptations series. I also have been considering dabbling in the paranormal but am a bit apprehensive since it’s not something I’ve ever done. I guess only time will tell if I get the courage up to give it a shot.


What is one unforgettable memory you have from your youth?


I would pick one of my earliest memories. I was just telling someone else about this as well. I can remember a time, being very little and building a snowman with my dad in front my Grandfather’s house. I’m not sure why this memory has always stood out to me, but it’s definitely one of my fondest memories.





Jenny Somers is the GeneralManager at a resort hotel in the beautiful Caribbean. She loves her job, butshe hates her boss. Constantly cutting corners to meet budget constraints shefinds herself doing handyman work just to keep the hotel running.


Beck is a drifter who comes toJenny’s rescue during a plumbing emergency at the hotel. He is arrogant, cockyand absolutely everything that Jenny despises in a man of his type.


Together Jenny and Beck find outjust how real the term “opposites attract” is, and along the way find somethingthey weren’t quite expecting along the way.

Direct Buy Link or should you prefer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment