Regan's Books

Regan's Books
Reads From Regan Taylor

Monday, May 25, 2009

Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn

This is probably the best book I have read in YEARS. I've read some good authors, some that have gone on my auto-buy list, but this one is an ultimate topper. Back when I first "discovered" romance, books like Rosemary Rogers Sweet Savage Love and the entire Ginny and Steve series or Kathleen Woodiwiss The Wolf and the Dove and Gimone Hall's Passions Sun, Fury's Moon, I read them over and over again. I've gone through several copies of Sweet Savage Love because I read them so many times. Over the years I've found keeper books, ones that I vowed I would read again -- as soon as I had time. So far, I hadn't found the time but when I read Silent in the Grave I got to the end and turned around and started it all over again -- even though I already have the next two in the series Silent in the Sanctuary and Silent on the Moor. It was that good and the second time was even better. This was Ms. Raybourn's debut novel and it is incredible. Her characters have so much depth, she paints each room so eloquently you feel that you have walked into it. Lady Julia has 10 brothers and sisters and you come away feeling as if you are part of the March family; one of her siblings. Silent in the Grave is also one of those wonderful cross-generational books -- I'd definitely encourage my teenaged daughter to read it and men will enjoy it as well. There truly is something for everyone in the story. I often lament that there are so many books and so little time, this is one I know I will make the time to read again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment